Thursday, October 28, 2010

On a lighter note...

On a lighter note, and in a more perfect world, this cartoon should be of the utmost importance. In this more perfect world, I wouldn't have to watch political campaign ad attack another candidate about the most ridiculous topics. I saw an ad the other day on the TV, it went something along the lines of:

Single mom, one-on-one interview, talking about how Tom Emmer has a DWI, and how he should not run for governor. It had this real serious feel to it, almost like unsolved mysteries. It even stated that Emmer voted to raise the penalty on DWI. Don't Vote for Emmer was the message.

Okay, first of all, the fact that Emmer voted to up the penalty is a good thing, and I don't even like the guy! Secondly, how much did this ad cost? the cost of these ads is what is really troubling. Candidate spends millions on ads, which is just thrown away to bash another mans name. (Again, he is not who I will vote for, but this is part of my rant) 

Okay, this brings me to my cartoon. Image the only thing that candidates spent money on was positive ads like this one above with there face painted across it. It sends a clear message of what they want to do when in office, this shows how they are willing to help us, and we can hold them accountable for their actions. Just think how cheap this ad would be since I just made up the idea in five seconds. Again, I must snap to, and realize that this is not that more perfect world. I can't wait for the elections to be over. GO VOTE AND DO YOUR PART.....

No comments:

Post a Comment